Empower senior loved ones and gain peace of mind with a modern home security system.
Being able to age and stay in our homes is the goal for many, but can be a challenge when someone has mobility or memory issues and/or is living alone.
Chances are, you or someone you know has experienced a scare of a family member living at home who has fallen or had a health issue and required emergency assistance. The risks are real and scary, and can sometimes force people to move out of their homes even if they don’t want to. Uncertain times like the COVID-19 pandemic create new challenges as our senior loved ones may feel locked up and isolated with stay-at-home orders in place and the fear of venturing out of the home.
So, how can you help to empower loved ones who want to stay at home, while proving security, safety, and connection? Outfitting your loved ones’ home with a modern home security system can help instill the peace of mind to you and your loved one need so they can continue to live at home longer.
Why should I consider a home security system for my loved one?
Modern home security systems offer more than just intruder alerts – a properly outfitted home security system can provide:
- Integrated alert systems to call emergency services if mobility issues and bad weather create increase risk for falls
- Automated locking systems and remote mobile control to help ensure the home is secure at night and when one leaves the house
- Connected cameras and voice systems that allow communication with nurses or home health aides and monitor activity of anyone on the premises, as well as allow loved ones to communicate with each other during times of isolation
- Motion-activated sensors to alert family members or caretakers if there has been no movement or activity for a length of time to prompt a check in
- Strategically placed cameras in high-risk areas like stairways and doorways that can provide live oversight for falls
- Smart technology to monitor thermostats, lights, and locks for energy efficiency and alert caretakers if water overflows or extreme temperature is detected
The options are nearly endless, and each home will require a unique setup to meet your specific needs.
How can I get started with a home security system for my loved one?
If you or someone you know could benefit from a modern home security system, Command Security Solutions can perform an analysis of the home and the opportunities for improving safety and security. With the proper set up, your loved ones can feel more empowered to stay at home, and you can gain the connection and peace of mind you seek.